- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Damon S Johnson joins YuppTV as SVP of biz development
MUMBAI: Over-the-top (OTT) service provider YuppTV has appointed Damon S Johnson as senior VP of business development.
Johnson comes with over two decades of experience, having worked towards building digital businesses. He moves from PlayStation where he led Sony’s efforts to build an OTT entertainment platform.
YuppTV founder and CEO Uday Reddy said, “At YuppTV we have built the number one South Asian-language subscription service delivered via the internet, mobile phones and now connected TV devices (OTT). In order to further this growth and open new markets, we have brought Johnson on board to lead our distribution partnership development and leverage our OTT platform to explore and build new content and entertainment options. We are pleased to have someone who brings years of experience, hands-on approach and creativity to the team. We welcome Johnson to the YuppTV family.”
At PlayStation, Johnson led a team that negotiated with Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Redbox Instant by Verizon, HBOGO, EPIX, Disney, ESPN, DirecTV, DISH, NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL to an build OTT platform on PS4, PS3, VITA and VITA TV. Prior to PlayStation, he was responsible for building the digital media division for Fox Sports in Latin America.
“I am delighted to accept the appointment at YuppTV, an organisation that has built the world’s leading OTT service with 200 channels of live television and thousands of hours of On-Demand content for South Asian-language audiences. YuppTV’s live linear and on-demand technology is a disruptive force and I look forward to increasing industry awareness and bringing new content to new audiences,” said Johnson.