- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Culture Machine releases docu film on human trafficking on Blush channel
MUMBAI: Culture Machine has released a documentary about human trafficking in Banaras on its YouTube channel Blush Originals.
Titled ‘Gudiya’, the documentary highlights the sensitive issue of human trafficking and sexual slavery in the city.
It features stories of three women rescued by the NGO Guria Sansthan, run by husband-wife duo Ajeet and Manju. The film also throws light on the nexus between the government, police and pimps in the flesh trade.
This hard-hitting documentary exposes infants stolen only to be injected with hormones and groomed to be commercial sex workers.
When the victims’ parents try to file FIRs about the abduction of the girls as young as six years, they are told that their daughters must have eloped.
It shows how Banaras is starting to become increasingly dangerous for women and young girls alike as they are sold in open markets to government officials and police themselves, in addition to the public.
“Human trafficking is one of the most unfortunate and cruel situations plaguing our world. Women are subjected to the most inhuman forms of torture and behaviour, and our society is not always ready to assimilate former victims into the real world, but Guria Sansthan makes this happen. We salute their efforts and hope that we can help their cause by creating awareness through this film,” Culture Machine said in a statement.
Recounting their horrifying experiences, three victims reveal how they were kidnapped either by trusted friends or at gunpoint and were later gang-raped and tortured into submission. With the police also helping the pimps, the only way out for these victims was Guria Sansthan.
Despite the danger involved in taking on the big nexus, Ajeet and Manju continue to pursue their rescue mission.