- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Cricket leads YouTube ads leader board
MUMBAI: In the first quarter of 2015, the ICC Cricket World Cup was the most important event for advertisers in India. More users are now on the internet, social media commentary actually drives live entertainment, and the matches are played both on and off the field across the internet.
Users lapped up campaigns built around cricket. Gillette’s ‘The best a fan can get’ was the most watched campaign on YouTube, followed by the ‘Mauka Mauka’ campaign.
The UGC around ‘Mauka Mauka’ garnered 10 million views, thus highlighting the power of YouTube as a platform that can amplify the reach of a campaign through endemic content.
So, how can marketers capture users’ attention during big cultural moments in the digital world? The top campaigns show that users love content built around things that they are passionate about. When these big sporting moments occur, a marketer wants to be there for the people, helping them have the time of their lives before, during and after the game.