- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Conax setting up test centre in Beijing for APAC STB manufacturers
MUMBAI: Conax is in the final stages of establishing a test centre in Beijing, China.
The new test hub will extend the security provider’s current offering for third party test facilities in Europe and India. The intention is to offer APAC set-top box (STB) manufacturers and partners cost efficient access.
The facility will provide authorised pre-testing and conformity testing services certifying client device conformance for Conax content protection functionality requirements.
Conax acting EVP services Erik Abrahamsen said, “During the last two years, Conax has security integrated close to 200 STB models. While a very high percentage of the manufacturers are based in Asia, we are pleased to introduce a regional offering for our partners. Establishing a test centre closer to our STB partners will provide flexibility and reduced costs for STB projects, benefiting both our partners and our customers.”
The Conax testing facility in Beijing will be available from early May 2015. Establishment of the test facility in Beijing will further tap into Kudelski synergies since its acquisition by the group in April 2014.
Nagra, the sister company, also has a established test and certification centre in Beijing providing Conax with a solution for quickly establishing regional testing services. A dedicated team of test engineers is being trained and certified to drive and uphold the Conax requirements and robust testing regimes at the facility.
Nagra device integration and trusted platform VP Hervé Goupil said, “It’s a great opportunity to further develop Kudelski Group synergies. It will contribute to extend our service offering that STB manufacturers will benefit from. Having more than 10 years of experience in testing STB models, we have the capability to ramp up quickly and efficiently a dedicated team for Conax activities.”