- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Conax providing Millicom Tigo Star brand with content protection
MUMBAI: Conax is providing the international telecommunications and media company Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand.
Conax has entered into a supply agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations. Millicom has deployed the Conax Contego Broadcast scalable and unified security back-end for future-oriented, total service protection and harmonised services for its operations in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Bolivia which launched in recent months.
Tigo has seen development of its satellite and cable operations in the past 12 months. In Latin America, Millicom operations serve over 700 thousand pay-TV subscribers in Latin America and are growing rapidly. Conax’s flexible, intuitive and scalable Conax Contego security back-end is providing operational simplicity for Tigo and can enable smooth integration of additional services.
Millicom VP Cable, Home and Digital Media Luciano Marino said, “We chose security partner Conax because its technology is robust, scalable and integrates seamlessly into our cable and satellite platforms”.
Conax VP Americas Rohit Mehra said, “We are delighted to be working with Millicom to help their operators realise the delivery of affordable, available and accessible products and services, securely, while reducing the complexity of content protection.”