- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Comcast to launch Netflix on X1 to customers across the US
MUMBAI: Cable and entertainment major Comcast and Internet TV network Netflix have announced that the Netflix service will launch on millions of X1 devices across the US next week.
Integrated throughout the platform, X1 customers with Netflix subscriptions will be able to easily browse and access over the internet the extensive online collection of Netflix TV shows and movies alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
“We are excited to add Netflix to X1 and give our customers access to all the content they love in a way that has never been done before. Netflix has been a terrific partner, and our incredible teams of engineers and designers have come together to create an experience that is not only seamless and intuitive, but also lets viewers search and watch tens of thousands of movies, shows, specials and documentaries with the sound of their voice,” said Comcast Cable CEO Neil Smit.
Netflix content will be fully integrated into Xfinity On Demand, enabling X1 customers to watch past and current seasons of shows like ‘The Blacklist’, ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ or ‘The Walking Dead’; explore Netflix original series like ‘House of Cards’, ‘Orange Is The New Black’ and ‘Stranger Things’ or catch up on recent shows like ‘Breaking Bad’, ‘Lost’ and ‘Mad Men’ all in one place.
“The Netflix integration into the X1 platform means our mutual customers will no longer need to change inputs or juggle remotes. Now they can seamlessly move between the Netflix app and their cable service, enjoying all the TV shows and movies they love without hassle,” said Netflix co-founder, CEO Reed Hastings.
By combining the TV libraries of Netflix and Xfinity On Demand, X1 customers can:
- Launch the Netflix app by saying ‘Netflix’ into the X1 voice remote.
- Browse Netflix content alongside other on demand movies and shows.
- Search for an actor like Adam Sandler or Kevin Spacey and see everything they are in, across both Xfinity and Netflix.
- Start from the beginning of long-running shows like The Walking Dead or Scandal — with all prior seasons from Netflix and the current season from Xfinity — available in one place.