- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Comcast launches cloud-based X1 DVR and live in-home streaming in Atlanta
MUMBAI: US cable and entertainment major Comcast has launched the X1 DVR with cloud technology and live in-home streaming across greater Atlanta. New X1 customers in Atlanta will be the first in Comcast’s southern region to have access to the new technology.
While in the home, customers will be able to watch their DVR recordings over Comcast’s managed IP cable network on their mobile devices and computers, they can ‘check out’ DVR recordings by downloading them directly to a mobile device to take on-the-go, and access the X1 interface and live stream practically their entire TV channel line-up, as well as Xfinity On Demand choices, to IP-connected devices.
Comcast regional senior VP Doug Guthrie said, “We want to provide our customers with the best television viewing experience on every device, both in and out of the home. This cloud-based technology enables Comcast to deliver on that promise, and gives customers a more personalised viewing experience.”
To deliver these new features to the Xfinity TV customers, Comcast has launched an Xfinity TV app for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones, and a dedicated portal for viewing on computers.
To live-stream their TV line-ups or watch DVR and on-demand programming while on tablets or smartphones in their homes, customers can simply download the Xfinity TV app from the App Store, open the app and sign in with their Xfinity TV credentials. Customers can then browse their channel line-up in the ‘Guide’, access thousands of free movies and TV shows via Xfinity On Demand, or scan available recordings for download in the ‘Saved’ menu. On laptops and computers, customers can sign in through the Xfinity TV site to access their X1 guides and DVR recordings.
Comcast plans to make these features available in other markets throughout the year.