- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
CloudWalker partners You Broadband for VoD service
MUMBAI: Mumbai-based technology start-up CloudWalker Streaming Technologies has partnered You Broadband to build a new video-on-demand (VoD) platform to provide online and mobile digital content to the internet service provider’s (ISP) customers.
Besides creating the platform, CloudWalker Streaming Technologies will plug content in the VoD portal. Users will have access to nearly 25,000 hours of entertainment content consisting of movies, trailers, TV shows and documentaries of different Indian and global languages.
The VoD platform will allow You Broadband to extend its service offerings to its existing consumer base and also help them reach to a newer set of audience. The platform will offer the ISP a level playing field with players who provide VoD on their platforms.
CloudWalker Streaming Technologies founder Jagdish Rajpurohit said, “We have noticed that despite the fact that big DTH players and large content creators have come up with VoD models, the MSOs and ISPs are unable to replicate this success. Although they realise the opportunity, they are facing challenges in terms of content and technology. Our aim is to bridge this gap by providing them technological support and content in setting up the platform.”
CloudWalker has built a product for ISPs, multi-system operators (MSOs) and local cable operators (LCOs) across India to strengthen their presence in the online digital space.