- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Cisco reaches six million pay-TV homes on DEN
MUMBAI: Technology major Cisco has said that it has reached a key milestone of six million digital pay-TV homes on leading multi-system operator (MSO) DEN Networks. The MSO is using Cisco’s technologies to enhance the TV-watching experience of nearly 30 million viewers across India, with an estimated industry average of five people per household.
Now, with approximately 75 million subscribers forecasted to go digital by the end of Phases III and IV, DEN is working towards much greater improvements by offering its subscribers the next-generation in television viewing experience bundled with services powered by the most advanced technologies.
DEN Networks CEO SN Sharma said, “It gives me immense pleasure in this highly competitive market to reach out to more than 30 million viewers through our digital cable TV services. We expect this number to increase significantly with the completion of the remaining phases of digitisation. Cisco’s global expertise in managing the end-to-end delivery of digital pay-TV solutions gives us a strong competitive edge and empowers us to enable new services and advanced features, resulting in satisfied subscribers and encouraging growth.”
Cisco service provider video software solutions VP sales, Asia Pacific Sue Taylor commented, “Cisco is excited by the success of its customers and would like to congratulate DEN for reaching such a major milestone. We anticipate that the current digitisation drive will spur us on to achieve many greater milestones, both in roll-out volume and technology deployment, with the introduction of many new features using the latest designs and technologies. This will lead to overall customer enjoyment in terms of the TV viewing experience.”
DEN’s footprint now stretches over 200 cities in India covering important markets such as Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana, Kerala, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Bihar.