- 11 CRPF Personnel Die In Encounter With Maoists In Chhattisgarh's Sukma
- Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Army canteens suspend sale
- Underworld don Chhota Rajan held guilty in fake passport case
- J&K: PDP leader Abdul Gani Dar shot dead in Pulwama
- SC orders reinstatement of TP Senkumar as Kerala DGP
- PM Modi Bats For Advancing Fiscal Year To Speed Up Development
- US accuses Infosys and TCS of cheating in H-1B lottery to unfairly corner lion's share of visas
- Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami raises NEET, Cauvery issues at NITI Aayog meeting
- Tamil Nadu FM offers to quit as AIADMK groups begin merger talks
ChuChu TV enters consumer products biz with Dream Theatre
MUMBAI: Popular YouTube kids channel ChuChu TV has partnered Dream Theatre to launch its global consumer products business.
Dream Theatre, which has worked with international brands like Angry Birds, DreamWorks Animation and Pokemon on the licensing front, is creating the brand architecture for ChuChu TV.
It is also creating a go-to-market plan for ChuChu TV by upgrading the creative assets, creating style guides, business templates and charting the launch strategy and rollout plan across territories for ChuChu TV.
Toys, gaming, publishing and apparel will form the core categories and will be rolled out first, starting summer 2017.
The US, Europe and Asia will be the leader markets with Dream Theatre collaborating with licensing agencies, toy players, publishing houses and gaming companies to roll out the consumer products programme.
“ChuChu TV’s huge popularity across the world propelled us to create a consumer products business on a global scale. Our target audience loves the ChuChu TV characters. Parents and caretakers around the world trust us and our content. Hence, we wanted to channel this into creating equally loved and trusted ChuChu TV products for our cute little fans. The real-time feedback we receive from the parents points to a huge demand for merchandise of our key characters ChuChu, ChaCha, Chika, Chiku and Mr Harlo, who are loved and adored across the world. We have found the right partner in Dream Theatre who has a wealth of experience in licensing. We felt this is right time to enter the licensing arena and take our brand to the next level,” said ChuChu TV founder, CEO and creative director Vinoth Chandar.
“ChuChu TVs phenomenal success is a testimony to its popularity, and it is very exciting for us to work with a brand originated in India and adored across the world by the young and old alike. We are thrilled to create a world-class licensing programme that enables fans to engage with the brand in a products and services form and will be engaging with top international licensing agents, toy companies and retailers to launch and grow the business across the globe,” said Dream Theatre founder and CEO Jiggy George.
ChuChu TV claims to be Asia-Pacific’s most-watched YouTube channel for toddlers from India with over six billion views and six million subscribers.