- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
CBS Studios Intl in content deal with Chinese onopine video streaming service PPTV
MUMBAI: CBS Studios International and Chinese online video streaming service PPTV today announced an exclusive, multi-year licensing agreement for the streaming rights to CBS and SHOWTIME® series in China.
The new deal provides PPTV’s 400 million users with access to current hit shows from America’s most-watched broadcast network and the acclaimed Showtime premium service.
PPTV viewers will also receive the exclusive premiere in China of selected new Showtime series and CBS’s new event series. These shows will be available to stream through PPTV’s high-quality, cutting-edge, interactive online media platform.
CBS Global Distribution Group president, CEO Armando Nuñez said, “China has the largest number of online video viewers in the world, so we are thrilled to partner with PPTV to bring CBS and Showtime content to this exciting market. This agreement forges a new relationship with PPTV and represents another opportunity to expand our licensing business and audience reach in an important and growing international territory.”
PPTV management committee chairman Fan Zhijun said, “PPTV is excited to bring content from CBS and Showtime to viewers in China. As the leading supplier of US programming, CBS Studios International has an abundance of premium content and extensive experience in the international television marketplace, helping PPTV to reach new heights in the online video streaming market in China.”