- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
‘Catastrophe’ available exclusively for Amazon Prime Members in the US
MUMBAI: Online retail major Amazon has announced all six episodes of season one of the Amazon Original Series ‘Catastrophe’ are now available exclusively for Amazon Prime members in the US.
Written by comedian and best-selling author Rob Delaney and actress Sharon Horgan, ‘Catastrophe’ is a half-hour comedy set in London about an Irish woman and American man struggling to start a relationship after their clumsy lust leads to pregnancy.
The series is now available exclusively for Prime members in the US and will come to Amazon Prime in the UK later this year.
In ‘Catastrophe’, two different worlds collide as Rob (Delaney) decides to move to London to become the father he never had, while Sharon (Horgan) questions whether this will be her last chance at motherhood. Together, Rob and Sharon must steer through increasingly thorny situations and navigate the choppy waters of their ever-more-complicated lives, while also learning to deal with Sharon’s intense Irish family, her rather unpleasant friend Fran (Ashley Jensen, Ugly Betty), and Rob’s eccentric Bostonian mother Mia (Carrie Fisher, Star Wars).
Amazon Prime members can now watch the entire first season of Catastrophe using the Amazon Instant Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/AIV. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at Amazon.com/prime.
Amazon Studios VP Roy Price said, “Customers can now partake in this clever comedic journey with Rob and Sharon. The incredible combination of their on-screen chemistry and honest writing makes this a very personal and authentic story.”
Avalon Television joint MD Jon Thoday said, “It is great to see such a creative and innovative show get such a brilliant reception”.