- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Cartoon Network launches Anything App in SE Asia
MUMBAI: Cartoon Network has launched its Cartoon Network Anything App exclusively for phones or tablets in Southeast Asia.
The app is free and available for download on the Google Play Store.
Cartoon Network Anything is a growing and ever-changing stream of content consisting of games, activities, super-fast trivia quizzes and interactive video games, all approximately 15 seconds in length. After a user finishes with one item, they can just swipe the screen to move on to the next.
Turner’s chief content officer (for kids networks in Asia Pacific) Mark Eyers said, “Cartoon Network Anything is unlike anything we’ve ever designed. The app is a whole new way to engage our audience, constantly maintaining a high level of suspense of ‘what will come next?’ Basically, it hosts the best of Cartoon Network on your phone.”
Hit franchises like ‘Adventure Time’, ‘We Bare Bears’, ‘Regular Show’, ‘The Amazing World of Gumball’, ‘Uncle Grandpa’, ‘Teen Titans Go!’ and ‘Clarence’ all feature, but what makes the app innovative is that everything is created exclusively for the app.
Cartoon Network Anything will premiere ‘Mighty Magiswords’, an animated micro-series created specifically for this platform, along with a slew of new Asia Pacific-made short-form content like ‘Beat Monsters’ from Korea, ‘Lamput’ from India, ‘The Sketchy Show’ and ‘Bill & Tony’ from Australia.
Cartoon Network’s recent research ‘New Generations 2015’ revealed that in smartphone households in Southeast Asia with children, 86 per cent of kids use apps at least weekly. In fact, those aged 4–14 are accessing on average five apps every month.
Cartoon Network Anything is the next step in the network’s mobile expansion, with a platform-specific strategy that provides content unseen anywhere else in the marketplace. It will sit alongside the Cartoon Network Watch and Play, the popular TV Everywhere app.