- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Cablevision, HBO announce agreement to provide HBO Now
MUMBAI: Cablevision and US broadcaster Home Box Office (HBO) have reached an agreement to offer standalone streaming service HBO Now to Optimum Online customers via the internet.
Optimum is the first cable provider to partner with HBO to offer the new service, which is expected to launch in April in time for the fifth season of ‘Game of Thrones’.
Cablevision COO Kristin Dolan said, “As New York’s premier connectivity company, we are enabling Optimum Online customers to enjoy content in any way they choose to receive it. We are well-positioned to support HBO Now and, as technology advances, Cablevision will continue to meet the evolving needs of our customers.”
HBO president global distribution Tom Woodbury said, “We couldn’t be more excited that our longtime partner has joined us for the launch of HBO Now. We believe that HBO NOW will have great appeal to Cablevision’s broadband customers.”
HBO Now provides instant access to HBO’s programming, allowing viewers to watch every episode of every season of series programming, more movies, original HBO Films, documentaries, sports, and comedy and music specials. With the upcoming launch of HBO NOW, Optimum will now offer the full suite of HBO products, which also includes its pay TV channels and TV to Go offering, giving customers more options than ever before.
Cablevision plans to provide pricing and other particulars for HBO Now in the coming weeks. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Optimum Online offers an internet experience, including high-speed internet product tiers that are designed to provide the right speeds for every type of user as well as access to Optimum WiFi, the WiFi network featuring 1.1 million hotspots across the tri-state area.