- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Broadband subscribers increase 3.02% to 120.88 mn in Sep
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers has increased 3.02 per cent to 120.88 million at the end of September from 117.34 million at the end of August, as per the reports received from the service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
As on 30 September, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.93 million), Bharti Airtel (1.58 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.80 million) and You Broadband (0.48 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (26.61 million), Vodafone (23.78 million), Idea Cellular (19.58 million), Reliance Communications Group (10.93 million) and BSNL (9.01 million).
Top five service providers constituted 84.01 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of September. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (28.19 million), Vodafone (23.78 million), Idea Cellular (19.60 million), BSNL (18.94 million) and Reliance Communications Group (11.04 million).