- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Broadband subscribers increase 3.02% to 120.88 mn in Sep
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers has increased 3.02 per cent to 120.88 million at the end of September from 117.34 million at the end of August, as per the reports received from the service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
As on 30 September, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.93 million), Bharti Airtel (1.58 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.80 million) and You Broadband (0.48 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (26.61 million), Vodafone (23.78 million), Idea Cellular (19.58 million), Reliance Communications Group (10.93 million) and BSNL (9.01 million).
Top five service providers constituted 84.01 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of September. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (28.19 million), Vodafone (23.78 million), Idea Cellular (19.60 million), BSNL (18.94 million) and Reliance Communications Group (11.04 million).