- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Broadband subscribers increase 3.02% to 120.88 mn in Sep
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers has increased 3.02 per cent to 120.88 million at the end of September from 117.34 million at the end of August, as per the reports received from the service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
As on 30 September, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.93 million), Bharti Airtel (1.58 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.80 million) and You Broadband (0.48 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (26.61 million), Vodafone (23.78 million), Idea Cellular (19.58 million), Reliance Communications Group (10.93 million) and BSNL (9.01 million).
Top five service providers constituted 84.01 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of September. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (28.19 million), Vodafone (23.78 million), Idea Cellular (19.60 million), BSNL (18.94 million) and Reliance Communications Group (11.04 million).