- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Broadband subscribers grow 3.71% in June to 108.85 mn
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 3.71 per cent to 108.85 million at the end of June from 104.96 million at the end of May, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from service providers.
As on 30 June 2015, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.91 million), Bharti Airtel (1.47 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.72 million) and YOU Broadband (0.46 million).
Top five service providers constituted 83.83 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of June 2015. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (24.56 million), Vodafone (22.08 million), BSNL (18.20 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (16.67 million) and Reliance Communications Group (9.74 million).
As on 30 June, 2015, the top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (23.09 million), Vodafone (22.07 million), Idea Cellular (16.67 million), Reliance Communications Group (9.63 million) and BSNL (8.29 million).
The wired subscribers registered a monthly growth of 0.90 per cent to reach 15.70 million from 15.56 million. Mobile devices users (phones and dongles) increased 4.21 per cent to 92.70 million from 88.96 million.
Fixed wireless subscribers (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) increased 1.96 per cent to 0.45 million from 0.44 million.