- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Broadband subscribers grow 3.71% in June to 108.85 mn
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 3.71 per cent to 108.85 million at the end of June from 104.96 million at the end of May, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from service providers.
As on 30 June 2015, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.91 million), Bharti Airtel (1.47 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.72 million) and YOU Broadband (0.46 million).
Top five service providers constituted 83.83 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of June 2015. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (24.56 million), Vodafone (22.08 million), BSNL (18.20 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (16.67 million) and Reliance Communications Group (9.74 million).
As on 30 June, 2015, the top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (23.09 million), Vodafone (22.07 million), Idea Cellular (16.67 million), Reliance Communications Group (9.63 million) and BSNL (8.29 million).
The wired subscribers registered a monthly growth of 0.90 per cent to reach 15.70 million from 15.56 million. Mobile devices users (phones and dongles) increased 4.21 per cent to 92.70 million from 88.96 million.
Fixed wireless subscribers (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) increased 1.96 per cent to 0.45 million from 0.44 million.