- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Broadband subscribers grew 5.85% in June
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers has increased 5.35 per cent to 68.83 million at the end of June from 65.33 million at the end of May, according to data from Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Wired subscribers increased 0.13 per cent to 14.95 million from 14.97 million. Mobile device users (phones + dongles) increased 6.93 per cent to 49.97 million from 53.44 million. Fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) users grew 2.51 per cent to 0.41 million from 0.42 million.
The top five broadband service providers constitute 84.98 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of June. They are BSNL (18.53 million), Bharti (14.76 million), Vodafone (10.30 million), Idea Cellular (8.78 million) and Reliance Communications (6.11 million).
Top five wired broadband service providers are BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.39 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Beam Telecom (0.40 million) and YOU Broadband (0.39 million).
Top five wireless broadband service providers are Bharti (13.38 million), Vodafone (10.30 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (8.78 million), BSNL (8.55 million) and Reliance Communications Group (6.00 Million).