- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Broadband subscribers grew 5.85% in June
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers has increased 5.35 per cent to 68.83 million at the end of June from 65.33 million at the end of May, according to data from Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Wired subscribers increased 0.13 per cent to 14.95 million from 14.97 million. Mobile device users (phones + dongles) increased 6.93 per cent to 49.97 million from 53.44 million. Fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) users grew 2.51 per cent to 0.41 million from 0.42 million.
The top five broadband service providers constitute 84.98 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of June. They are BSNL (18.53 million), Bharti (14.76 million), Vodafone (10.30 million), Idea Cellular (8.78 million) and Reliance Communications (6.11 million).
Top five wired broadband service providers are BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.39 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Beam Telecom (0.40 million) and YOU Broadband (0.39 million).
Top five wireless broadband service providers are Bharti (13.38 million), Vodafone (10.30 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (8.78 million), BSNL (8.55 million) and Reliance Communications Group (6.00 Million).