- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Broadband subscribers grew 5.85% in June
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers has increased 5.35 per cent to 68.83 million at the end of June from 65.33 million at the end of May, according to data from Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Wired subscribers increased 0.13 per cent to 14.95 million from 14.97 million. Mobile device users (phones + dongles) increased 6.93 per cent to 49.97 million from 53.44 million. Fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) users grew 2.51 per cent to 0.41 million from 0.42 million.
The top five broadband service providers constitute 84.98 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of June. They are BSNL (18.53 million), Bharti (14.76 million), Vodafone (10.30 million), Idea Cellular (8.78 million) and Reliance Communications (6.11 million).
Top five wired broadband service providers are BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.39 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Beam Telecom (0.40 million) and YOU Broadband (0.39 million).
Top five wireless broadband service providers are Bharti (13.38 million), Vodafone (10.30 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (8.78 million), BSNL (8.55 million) and Reliance Communications Group (6.00 Million).