- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Broadband subscriber base grew 3.55% in August to reach 117.34 million
MUMBAI: The Indian broadband subscriber base has grown by 3.55 per cent to 117.34 million at the end of August from 113.32 million at the end of July, as per the data provided by service providers to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
As on 31 August, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.92 million), Bharti Airtel (1.54 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.77 million) and You Broadband (0.48 million).
The top five service providers constituted 83.81 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of August. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (27.90 million), Vodafone (23.20 million), BSNL (18.91 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (18.12 million) and Reliance Communications Group (10.21 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (26.36 million), Vodafone (23.19 million), Idea Cellular (18.11 million), Reliance Communications Group (10.10 million) and BSNL (8.99 million).