- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Broadband subscriber base grew 3.55% in August to reach 117.34 million
MUMBAI: The Indian broadband subscriber base has grown by 3.55 per cent to 117.34 million at the end of August from 113.32 million at the end of July, as per the data provided by service providers to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
As on 31 August, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.92 million), Bharti Airtel (1.54 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.77 million) and You Broadband (0.48 million).
The top five service providers constituted 83.81 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of August. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (27.90 million), Vodafone (23.20 million), BSNL (18.91 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (18.12 million) and Reliance Communications Group (10.21 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (26.36 million), Vodafone (23.19 million), Idea Cellular (18.11 million), Reliance Communications Group (10.10 million) and BSNL (8.99 million).