- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Broadband subscriber base grew 3.55% in August to reach 117.34 million
MUMBAI: The Indian broadband subscriber base has grown by 3.55 per cent to 117.34 million at the end of August from 113.32 million at the end of July, as per the data provided by service providers to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
As on 31 August, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.92 million), Bharti Airtel (1.54 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.77 million) and You Broadband (0.48 million).
The top five service providers constituted 83.81 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of August. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (27.90 million), Vodafone (23.20 million), BSNL (18.91 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (18.12 million) and Reliance Communications Group (10.21 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (26.36 million), Vodafone (23.19 million), Idea Cellular (18.11 million), Reliance Communications Group (10.10 million) and BSNL (8.99 million).