- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Broadband subscriber base at 149.75 mn in March
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 3.37% to 149.75 million at the end of 31 March, from 144.87 million at the end of 29 February, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from the various service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 83.52% market share of the total broadband subscriber base at the end of March. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (38.47 million), Vodafone (27.76 million), Idea Cellular (22.92 million), BSNL (20.35 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.57 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.94 million), Bharti Airtel (1.74 million), MTNL (1.11 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.94 million) and You Broadband (0.53 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (36.74 million), Vodafone (27.75 million), Idea Cellular (22.92 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.45 million) and BSNL (10.41 million).