- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Broadband subscriber base at 149.75 mn in March
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 3.37% to 149.75 million at the end of 31 March, from 144.87 million at the end of 29 February, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from the various service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 83.52% market share of the total broadband subscriber base at the end of March. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (38.47 million), Vodafone (27.76 million), Idea Cellular (22.92 million), BSNL (20.35 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.57 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.94 million), Bharti Airtel (1.74 million), MTNL (1.11 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.94 million) and You Broadband (0.53 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (36.74 million), Vodafone (27.75 million), Idea Cellular (22.92 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.45 million) and BSNL (10.41 million).