- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Broadband subscriber base at 149.75 mn in March
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 3.37% to 149.75 million at the end of 31 March, from 144.87 million at the end of 29 February, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from the various service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 83.52% market share of the total broadband subscriber base at the end of March. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (38.47 million), Vodafone (27.76 million), Idea Cellular (22.92 million), BSNL (20.35 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.57 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.94 million), Bharti Airtel (1.74 million), MTNL (1.11 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.94 million) and You Broadband (0.53 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (36.74 million), Vodafone (27.75 million), Idea Cellular (22.92 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.45 million) and BSNL (10.41 million).