- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Broadband subs grow 3.05% in February to reach 97.37 mn
MUMBAI: The broadband subscriber base grew at a measly rate of 3.05 per cent in February to reach 97.37 million from 94.49 million at the end of January, as per the reports received from the service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Wired subscribers increased 0.39 per cent to 15.45 from 15.39 million. Mobile devices users (phones and dongles) saw a 3.59 per cent increase to 81.48 million from 78.66 million. Fixed wireless subscribers (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio, and VSAT) remained flat at 0.44 million.
As on 28 February, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti Airtel (1.43 million), MTNL (1.14 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.65 million) and YOU Broadband (0.44 million).
Top five service providers constituted 83.53 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of February. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (20.88 million), BSNL (20.67 million), Vodafone (17.93 million), Idea Cellular (14.08 million) and Reliance Communications Group (7.78 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers during the period were Bharti Airtel (19.45 million), Vodafone (17.92 million), Idea Cellular (14.08 million), BSNL (10.69 million) and Reliance Communications Group (7.67 million).