- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Broadband subs grow 3.05% in February to reach 97.37 mn
MUMBAI: The broadband subscriber base grew at a measly rate of 3.05 per cent in February to reach 97.37 million from 94.49 million at the end of January, as per the reports received from the service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Wired subscribers increased 0.39 per cent to 15.45 from 15.39 million. Mobile devices users (phones and dongles) saw a 3.59 per cent increase to 81.48 million from 78.66 million. Fixed wireless subscribers (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio, and VSAT) remained flat at 0.44 million.
As on 28 February, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti Airtel (1.43 million), MTNL (1.14 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.65 million) and YOU Broadband (0.44 million).
Top five service providers constituted 83.53 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of February. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (20.88 million), BSNL (20.67 million), Vodafone (17.93 million), Idea Cellular (14.08 million) and Reliance Communications Group (7.78 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers during the period were Bharti Airtel (19.45 million), Vodafone (17.92 million), Idea Cellular (14.08 million), BSNL (10.69 million) and Reliance Communications Group (7.67 million).