- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Broadband subs grew 4.10% to 113.32 mn as on 31 July
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers in the country increased 4.10 per cent to 113.32 million at the end of July from 108.85 million at the end of June, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from the service providers.
The number of wired subscribers increased 0.90 per cent to 15.84 million from 15.70 million. Users of mobile devices (phones and dongles) increased 4.68 per cent to 97.04 million from 92.70 million. The number of fixed wireless subscribers (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point Radio & VSAT) de-grew by 2.84 per cent to 0.44 million from 0.45 million.
The top five service providers held 83.83 per cent market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of July. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (26.51 million), Vodafone (22.71 million), BSNL (18.43 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (17.43 million) and Reliance Communications Group (9.93 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.92 million), Bharti Airtel (1.50 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.75 million) and You Broadband (0.47 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (25.01 million), Vodafone (22.70 million), Idea Cellular (17.42 million), Reliance Communications Group (9.81 million) and BSNL (8.51 million).