- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Broadband subs grew 3.4% to reach 144.87 mn by Feb end
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 3.40% to 144.87 million at the end of February from 140.10 million at the end of January, as per reports received by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from the service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 83.60% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of February 2016. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (36.92 million), Vodafone (26.44 million), Idea Cellular (22.20 million), BSNL (19.91 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.64 million).
As on 29 February 2016, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.91 million), Bharti Airtel (1.71 million), MTNL (1.11 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.91 million) and YOU Broadband (0.52 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers for the same period were Bharti Airtel (35.22 million), Vodafone (26.44 million), Idea Cellular (22.20 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.52 million) and BSNL (10.00 million).