- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Broadband subs grew 3.4% to reach 144.87 mn by Feb end
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 3.40% to 144.87 million at the end of February from 140.10 million at the end of January, as per reports received by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from the service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 83.60% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of February 2016. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (36.92 million), Vodafone (26.44 million), Idea Cellular (22.20 million), BSNL (19.91 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.64 million).
As on 29 February 2016, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.91 million), Bharti Airtel (1.71 million), MTNL (1.11 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.91 million) and YOU Broadband (0.52 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers for the same period were Bharti Airtel (35.22 million), Vodafone (26.44 million), Idea Cellular (22.20 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.52 million) and BSNL (10.00 million).