- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
BBC Worldwide signs deal with KT to launch CBeebies SVOD service in South Korea
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has announced a deal with South Korean telecom provider KT to launch a CBeebies SVOD service on KT olleh TV.
Over five million KT olleh TV viewers will have access to the vast library of CBeebies programmes on their IPTV platform. The deal also marks the largest volume of television programmes on a single channel to be available in South Korea.
BBC Worldwide GM Korea Soojin Chung said, “We are very excited to be able to launch the CBeebies SVOD service on KT’s leading platform. With our long working relationship with KT, we are pleased to be able to expand our partnership with them, at the same time, continuing to provide programmes to our young viewers and their carers that encourage learn through play.”
Available on the SVOD service are CBeebies pre-school programmes such as ‘Tweenies’; four young friends who enjoys imaginative play, ‘Bits and Bobs’; two soft, cuddly fluff balls who set off on a journey of discovery in a land-roving toy, ‘Yoho Ahoy’; a puppet-animated series catered to three-five year olds, and ‘M.I. High’; a sci-fi adventure series catered to older children.
The deal marks the second of such services in Asia for the CBeebies brand. The first was launched in China in June 2013.
BBC Knowledge and BBC World News channels are also available on KT olleh TV.