- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
BBC Worldwide secures BBC Earth deals in Spain and Flanders
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has concluded two deals for BBC Earth content to be shown as a BBC Earth branded block in Spain on channel Canal + 1 and in Flanders, the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, on public channel Eén.
These deals will give viewers access to BBC Earth programming. BBC Earth aims to inspire viewers by showing the extraordinary stories and the wonders of the planet.
BBC Worldwide executive VP, Western Europe Tobi de Graaff said, “I am incredibly proud that audiences in Spain, through Canal+ and Flanders, through VRT, will now have a dedicated place for our BBC Earth content, featuring territory premieres of some of the best natural history and premium factual content anywhere in the world. It is a key part of our strategy to bring the highest-quality content and the BBC Earth brand to wider audiences across Western Europe and securing these BBC Earth blocks highlights our long-standing partners’ commitment to our programming.”
Canal + director Miguel Salvat said, “With this new agreement, we are very proud to be able to access the best titles from the very prestigious BBC Earth brand, which joins our existing range of high quality programming. I’m confident that our viewers will enjoy the experience of watching, at any time, the most recent and best productions in this genre.”
The BBC Earth branded block launched on CANAL + 1, Spain, in June with Sharks, a spectacular two-part documentary series showing the enormous diversity of sharks that inhabit our oceans and seas.
The BBC Earth branded block will launch on VRT, Flanders, this autumn with programming including the six-part documentary series ‘Life Story’ which follows the perilous journey from birth to parenthood in the animal kingdom; and the award-winning five-part series ‘Africa’ which captures intimate encounters with the extraordinary wildlife of Africa.