- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Balaji Telefilms’ ALT Digital taps Ekalavya Bhattacharya as chief strategy officer
MUMBAI: ALT Digital Media Entertainment (ALT Digital), a wholly owned subsidiary of Balaji Telefilms, has appointed Ekalavya Bhattacharya as chief strategy officer.
Bhattacharya will work closely with the leadership team at ALT Digital to define the corporate strategy for ensuring wider acceptability and success of digital initiatives.
He joins from MTV India, where he was AVP and head – Digital. He was responsible for expanding the digital footprint of the youth brand of Viacom18 Media, spanning product, content, mobile, technology and marketing.
He comes with over a decade of experience in the digital space and has previously worked with Zapak.com, Contests2Win.com, WAT Consult and PaGaLGuY.com.
Balaji Telefilms group CEO Sameer Nair said, “Ekalavya comes with very strong pedigree having done some amazing work at MTV in building their digital business. We believe his disruptive attitude and business smarts are a wonderful addition to the eclectic diversity in the fast growing ALT Digital Team.”
AddedALT Digital Media Entertainment CEO Nachiket Pantvaidya, “We welcome Ekalavya to ALT – his experience and diverse skill sets will help us formulate and drive our strategy across our business operations. He will enrich the already strong team at ALT as we prepare to launch our service in India and globally.”
Bhattacharya said, “Recent digital consumption patterns have made it necessary to introduce changes in the way content is created and offered to consumers and screenagers. As India’s leading production studio, Balaji Telefilms is in a unique position to utilize its creative capabilities for a digitally savvy audience. I am glad to be a part of ALT that stands for the alternate – alternate content and alternate screens.”