- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Balaji Telefilms’ ALT Digital taps Ekalavya Bhattacharya as chief strategy officer
MUMBAI: ALT Digital Media Entertainment (ALT Digital), a wholly owned subsidiary of Balaji Telefilms, has appointed Ekalavya Bhattacharya as chief strategy officer.
Bhattacharya will work closely with the leadership team at ALT Digital to define the corporate strategy for ensuring wider acceptability and success of digital initiatives.
He joins from MTV India, where he was AVP and head – Digital. He was responsible for expanding the digital footprint of the youth brand of Viacom18 Media, spanning product, content, mobile, technology and marketing.
He comes with over a decade of experience in the digital space and has previously worked with Zapak.com, Contests2Win.com, WAT Consult and PaGaLGuY.com.
Balaji Telefilms group CEO Sameer Nair said, “Ekalavya comes with very strong pedigree having done some amazing work at MTV in building their digital business. We believe his disruptive attitude and business smarts are a wonderful addition to the eclectic diversity in the fast growing ALT Digital Team.”
AddedALT Digital Media Entertainment CEO Nachiket Pantvaidya, “We welcome Ekalavya to ALT – his experience and diverse skill sets will help us formulate and drive our strategy across our business operations. He will enrich the already strong team at ALT as we prepare to launch our service in India and globally.”
Bhattacharya said, “Recent digital consumption patterns have made it necessary to introduce changes in the way content is created and offered to consumers and screenagers. As India’s leading production studio, Balaji Telefilms is in a unique position to utilize its creative capabilities for a digitally savvy audience. I am glad to be a part of ALT that stands for the alternate – alternate content and alternate screens.”