- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Amazon’s tablet ‘Fire’ adds more storage
MUMBAI: US online retail major Amazon has announced that Fire, its fastest-selling tablet ever, is getting even better with new colours and more storage options.
Fire will be available in three new colours: magenta, blue, and tangerine, and with either 8 GB of internal storage for $49.99 or with 16 GB for $69.99 so that customers can take even more movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps, and games with them on-the-go. The new Fire colours and storage options are available.
Fire Kids Edition will also be available with 16 GB of internal storage for $119.99.
“Fire is the fastest-selling Amazon tablet ever, with millions sold since its launch. We’re excited to introduce Fire with bright new colors and even more storage—so that customers can enjoy a great entertainment experience on a fun, colorful tablet starting at less than $50,” said Fire Tablets GM Kevin Keith.
For less than $50 Fire includes:
- 7” IPS display
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor—Switch between apps, stream movies, and browse the web without waiting for the tablet to catch up.
- Front- and rear-facing cameras—Video chat with friends and family with the front-facing camera, take and share photos, and save them for later with free, unlimited cloud storage for all photos taken on Fire devices.
- Up to 128 GB of expandable storage via microSD—In addition to internal storage options, with support for microSD cards, Fire offers plenty of storage to enjoy even more videos, music, games, and photos while offline.
- All-day battery life—With up to seven hours of mixed use battery life, Fire gives you the flexibility to go wherever the day takes you.
- Fire OS 5 “Bellini”—Including an updated user interface that replicates the look and feel of a magazine, making browsing and searching for your content easier than ever.
- Blue Shade—Uses specialized filters to limit exposure to blue light for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience on a tablet.
- Amazon-exclusive features—ASAP, X-Ray, Second Screen, Amazon FreeTime, Family Library, Word Runner, and more.
- Content ecosystem—Access to 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps, and games—with free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content.
Fire Kids Edition: Amazon has also added a new colour and storage option for Fire Kids Edition. Already available in pink or blue, Fire Kids Edition is now also available with a green kid-proof case, and parents can also choose between a Fire Kids Edition with 8 GB or 16 GB of internal storage. Fire Kids Edition comes with one year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited featuring over 10,000 age-appropriate books, videos, educational apps, and games, access to over 40,000 hand-curated YouTube videos and websites, and our same 2-year, worry-free guarantee—if anything happens, simply return the tablet and Amazon will replace it for free. Fire Kids Edition is available with 8 GB for $99.99, and with 16 GB for $119.99.