- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Amazon’s original kids series ‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ set to premiere on Prime Video on 27 Jan
MUMBAI: Online retail major Amazon has announced that its original kids series ‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is set to premiere on Prime Video on 27 January in the US and UK.
An animated adventure for kids and families, the new series is narrated by actress Gillian Anderson (The X-Files), directed by Goro Miyazaki, and presented by the Academy Award-winning Studio Ghibli and Saltkråkan.
‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is based on the wildly-popular children’s fantasy book of the same name by noted Swedish author Astrid Lindgren.
‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is an epic 26-part story of 10-year-old Ronja (Teresa Gallagher), born on a stormy night in a mountain fort, surrounded by her father (Rufus Hound), mother (Morwenna Banks) and a loving band of robbers. She grows to be a strong girl, and discovers that the forest is both a beautiful and frightening place inhabited by strange creatures. She befriends Birk (Kelly Adams), the son of her father’s rival, and so begins the drama of her friendship and family loyalties. Viewers follow along as she explores and understands these key factors in her life, and discovers that seemingly irresolvable choices can finally be made with the help of love and understanding.
“We’re thrilled to be collaborating with Studio Ghibli on their first television series, excited to have the talented Gillian Anderson narrate, and proud to bring Astrid Lindgren’s well-loved novel to life. We look forward to sharing this incredible story of love, family and friendship with our customers,” said Amazon Studios head of kids programming Tara Sorensen.
“With Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter, Astrid Lindgren seems to be telling children to believe in their own power to grow, whilst telling adults to learn more from children. Mutual respect will attain freedom in the true sense of the word,” said director Goro Miyazaki.
‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is part of Prime Video’s growing line-up of originals for kids and families. The series will be available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for compatible TVs, connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV and mobile devices, or online at www.amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Prime members can also download select titles to mobile devices for offline viewing.