- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
Amazon’s original kids series ‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ set to premiere on Prime Video on 27 Jan
MUMBAI: Online retail major Amazon has announced that its original kids series ‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is set to premiere on Prime Video on 27 January in the US and UK.
An animated adventure for kids and families, the new series is narrated by actress Gillian Anderson (The X-Files), directed by Goro Miyazaki, and presented by the Academy Award-winning Studio Ghibli and Saltkråkan.
‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is based on the wildly-popular children’s fantasy book of the same name by noted Swedish author Astrid Lindgren.
‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is an epic 26-part story of 10-year-old Ronja (Teresa Gallagher), born on a stormy night in a mountain fort, surrounded by her father (Rufus Hound), mother (Morwenna Banks) and a loving band of robbers. She grows to be a strong girl, and discovers that the forest is both a beautiful and frightening place inhabited by strange creatures. She befriends Birk (Kelly Adams), the son of her father’s rival, and so begins the drama of her friendship and family loyalties. Viewers follow along as she explores and understands these key factors in her life, and discovers that seemingly irresolvable choices can finally be made with the help of love and understanding.
“We’re thrilled to be collaborating with Studio Ghibli on their first television series, excited to have the talented Gillian Anderson narrate, and proud to bring Astrid Lindgren’s well-loved novel to life. We look forward to sharing this incredible story of love, family and friendship with our customers,” said Amazon Studios head of kids programming Tara Sorensen.
“With Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter, Astrid Lindgren seems to be telling children to believe in their own power to grow, whilst telling adults to learn more from children. Mutual respect will attain freedom in the true sense of the word,” said director Goro Miyazaki.
‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is part of Prime Video’s growing line-up of originals for kids and families. The series will be available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Video app for compatible TVs, connected devices, including Amazon Fire TV and mobile devices, or online at www.amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Prime members can also download select titles to mobile devices for offline viewing.