- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
Amazon Studios greenlights two kids series
MUMBAI: US and global online retail major and content creator Amazon has ordered two new Amazon Original kids series, ‘Pete the Cat’, based on the book series, and Costume Quest, from the popular video games.
Amazon’s new children’s series come from creators including Jeff “Swampy” Marsh , Will McRobb and Frederator Studios’ Fred Seibert. Both series will be available exclusively for Prime members and will debut next year.
“The creative talent behind ‘Pete the Cat’ and ‘Costume Quest’ have a sensibility and pedigree that will resonate well with our customers. We are thrilled to be working with such innovative and visionary thinkers in the business,” said Amazon Studios head of kids programming Tara Sorensen.
Based on the book series by illustrator/creator and consulting producer James Dean, ‘Pete the Cat’ is an animated kids series that has been ordered straight-to-series for 14 episodes. The show follows Pete the Cat, the coolest cat ever, and his groovy guide to life—from rockin’ out with his guitar to riding a skateboard.
Based on the video game series by Double Fine Productions (Psychonauts, Broken Age) and the world originally created by Tasha Sounart, ‘Costume Quest’ is an animated series aimed at six to 11-year-olds. The show stars four kids facing off against the dark forces lurking in the shadows of their sleepy town of Auburn Pines. To overcome obstacles and achieve their goals, they must learn to unlock and master the magical powers of supernormal costumes—with each costume comes a new set of transformations and powers.