- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Amazon Studios greenlights second season of ‘One Mississippi’
MUMBAI: Amazon Studios has announced that ‘One Mississippi’, the comedy, has been greenlit for a second season.
Starring comedian Tig Notaro, ‘One Mississippi’ follows Notaro’s return to her hometown in Mississippi when her mother passes away unexpectedly.
As she copes with the tragedy and deals with events from her past, the series becomes a poignant and surprisingly humorous exploration of family.
The second season of One Mississippi is scheduled to premiere in 2017 exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan for Amazon Prime members to watch as part of their Prime membership via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals.
“Making a show as comic and tragic as One Mississippi is a risk. Pulling it off with such intelligence and nuance is rare. We’re grateful for the audience response and we’re excited to bring them more of Tig and Kate’s brilliance in season two,” said Amazon Studios head of comedy and drama Joe Lewis.