- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Amazon Studios greenlights second season of ‘One Mississippi’
MUMBAI: Amazon Studios has announced that ‘One Mississippi’, the comedy, has been greenlit for a second season.
Starring comedian Tig Notaro, ‘One Mississippi’ follows Notaro’s return to her hometown in Mississippi when her mother passes away unexpectedly.
As she copes with the tragedy and deals with events from her past, the series becomes a poignant and surprisingly humorous exploration of family.
The second season of One Mississippi is scheduled to premiere in 2017 exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan for Amazon Prime members to watch as part of their Prime membership via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals.
“Making a show as comic and tragic as One Mississippi is a risk. Pulling it off with such intelligence and nuance is rare. We’re grateful for the audience response and we’re excited to bring them more of Tig and Kate’s brilliance in season two,” said Amazon Studios head of comedy and drama Joe Lewis.