- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Amazon Prime Video scales up kids content via deal with Xilam Animation
MUMBAI: Strengthening its kids content offering, over-the-top (OTT) service Amazon Prime Video India has announced an exclusive multi-year content deal with Xilam Animation.
Through this agreement, Amazon Prime video has become Xilam Animation’s subscription partner for streaming the existing and three upcoming seasons of the popular animated series ‘Oggy & the Cockroaches’ and ‘Zig & Sharko’.
Prime members will also have access to Xilam Animation’s vast content library of top-rated shows like ‘Floopaloo Where Are You’, ‘A Kind of Magic’, ‘If I Were an Animal’, ‘Paprika’ and ‘The Daltons’.
Amazon Prime Video India director and country head Nitesh Kripalani stated, “Amazon Prime Video India is delighted to partner Xilam Animation, creators of the world-famous animated series ‘Oggy & the Cockroaches’ that continues to entertain kids for nearly 20 years. This is an important milestone in the journey to offering the best kids’ entertainment to our Prime members.”
Earlier, Amazon had inked a multi-year content deal with Green Gold Animation. As per the deal, Amazon Prime Video India would become the exclusive subscription streaming home for all of Green Gold Animation’s future TV episodes and TV movies of ‘Chhota Bheem’, ‘Super Bheem’ and ‘Mighty Raju’.
Prime members in India would also have access to Green Gold Animation’s vast library of top-rated shows and movies like ‘Krishna Balaram’, ‘Chorr Police’, ‘Luv Kush’, ‘Vikram and Betaal’ and ‘Krishna’, and the immensely-loved film ‘Chhota Bheem Himalayan Adventure’. Green Gold’s merchandise, toys and books are also available on Amazon.in
First aired in 1998, ‘Oggy & the Cockroaches’ is a French animated comedy series tracking the prankish misadventures and confrontations between a chubby cat named Oggy and three pesky roaches—Joey, Dee Dee and Marky. The fifth season will explore the ongoing rivalry in a new way by tracking Oggy through the ages for historical hilarity. Seasons 6 and 7 will comprise a mix of brand-new episodes along with full remakes of classic stories from Seasons 1 and 2.
‘Zig & Sharko’ is about a hyena named Zig who lives on a volcano island with his crab pal, Bernie, and plots against a beautiful mermaid, Marina, whom he wants to eat. Sharko is a shark with a lot of muscle and who loves to sabotage the hyena’s every move.
Xilam Animation’s Marc du Pontavice commented, “Xilam is proud of the growing success of its animated characters in India, with Oggy leading the pack for many years now. As we prepare for the future, and the new ways content is used within the family, it is essential that we find the right partners to facilitate our expansion into the digital world. That’s why we are so thrilled to be entering into this agreement with Amazon Prime Video since we value so highly their expertise in subscription streaming. As a multi-year deal this is a great step for Xilam as we look forward to watching the special bonds that our characters have developed in the hearts of millions of Indian kids, grow bigger and stronger.”
Amazon Prime Video, which launched in India in December, has partnered top Indian and international studios like Yash Raj Films, Dharma Productions, T-Series, Excel, Warner, Paramount, CBS, Everest, SVF, Green Gold, TV Asahi, Ultra Media & Entertainment, Lionsgate and CBeebies to offer elite content.