- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Amazon Prime Video inks content deal with Paramount in India
MUMBAI: Amazon Prime Video continues to stitch content deals with aggression. The OTT platform has got into a deal with Paramount to offer subscription streaming of the studio’s new releases and “fan-favourite” films in India.
As per the agreement, Amazon will have streaming rights to recent releases such as ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows’, ‘Star Trek Beyond’ and ’10 Cloverfield Lane’, amongst others.
Prime Video subscribers will also have rotating access to popular movies and classics from Paramount’s renowned library including franchises like ‘Transformers’, ‘Indiana Jones’, ‘Mission: Impossible’, ‘Madagascar’, ‘Shrek’ and ‘Kung Fu Panda’.
Said Amazon Prime Video India director and country head Nitesh Kripalani, “Our goal is to provide our customers with the best movies – be it local or international. We are excited to work with Paramount to bring their future slate of films to our Prime Video customers along with some of the most popular movies in film history.”
Added Paramount TV licensing & distribution SVP regional sales Asia Pac Jonathan Greenberg, “We are delighted to have reached this agreement with Amazon to bring our world-class films to fans across India. Our goal is to deliver our content to viewers how and when they want it and Amazon Prime Video offers an exceptional platform for fans to enjoy new and favourite films on demand.”
Amazon Prime Video has already partnered with top Indian and international studios like Yash Raj Films, Dharma Productions, T-Series, Excel, Warner, CBS, Everest, SVF, Green Gold, TV Asahi, Ultra Media & Entertainment, Lionsgate and CBeebies to offer elite content.