- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Amazon Prime Video creates talking metal detector for launch of superhero show ‘The Tick’
MUMBAI: Amazon Prime Video recently unveiled ‘Securi-TICK’ – a first-of-its-kind talking metal detector for the launch of its latest superhero show ‘The Tick in India’.
Here’s how it works: every time a person passes through the big, blue, metal detector, the amount of metal they are carrying is analysed via sensors which are used by an algorithm to trigger a dialogue from the show, depending on the metal levels detected.
The triggering of dialogues is also accompanied by movement of antennas, which is facilitated through the use of motors.
Powered by Arduino micro-controllers, the entire unit was conceptualised and developed by Blink Digital, a full service digital agency in India.
Amazon Prime Video introduced ‘Securi-TICK’ at the exclusive premiere of their show, organised at The View, Andheri in Mumbai and plans to roll it out across several theatres in Mumbai and other cities across India.
Said Blink Digital co-founder and chief creative officer Dooj Ramchandani, “The Tick is a superhero that ‘saves the world’. He is also super goofy. We wanted to bring alive this unique combination by taking an object from our day-to-day that connotes security and combine it with Tick’s humour. The result: Securi-TICK – the big, blue bulletproof, talking metal detector.”