- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Amazon Prime Video becomes subscription streaming home of kids content producer ChuChu TV
MUMBAI: Amazon India has entered into a long-term deal with Chennai-based ChuChu TV Studios, one of India’s top content creators for kids animation.
As per the deal, Amazon Prime Video India will become the subscription streaming home for ChuChu TV’s existing and future videos for ad-free environment.
The ChuChu TV channel, ‘ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes’, is the third-most subscribed channel in India with over 8 million subscribers and 7.5 billion video views. ChuChu TV released ‘Johny Johny Yes Papa and Many More Videos’ in November 2014 which has received over a billion views, making it the third-most viewed non-music video of all time.
“ChuChu TV is one of India’s top animators and their series of upbeat songs and colourful animations is much-loved by kids worldwide. We are very happy to partner with ChuChu TV to add to our existing bouquet of kids’ content for ad-free entertainment,” said Amazon Prime Video India director and country head Nitesh Kripalani.
“We are delighted to partner with Amazon Prime Video to showcase our content as we understand the need for quality storytelling and safe viewing, especially for children. We hope that children and their parents alike enjoy and appreciate the content line-up that we have to offer, especially since it is an ad-free environment,” said ChuChu TV Studios CEO & creative director Vinoth Chandar.