- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Amazon Prime Video acquires Disney India’s ‘Astra Force’ featuring Big B
MUMBAI: Adding to its long list of content acquisitions, Amazon Prime Video now offers Disney India’s animated series ‘Astra Force’.
Produced by Graphic India for the Disney Channel, ‘Astra Force’ features Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan as the superhero Astra.
The news was announced by Bachchan on social networking site Twitter: “ASTRA Force Attack!! Watch my animated hero fight evil in #AstraForce now on @AmazonVideoIN”
Launched last year, the series centres around Astra (Bachchan), an ancient superhero who is accidentally woken from his slumber by two eight-year-old twins, Neal and Tara. Now, they must help him save the world from an array of monsters and a demon that is determined to take over the universe.
The first season, comprising 35 episodes, is now available on Amazon Video. The runtime of each episode is 11 minutes. This month, Amazon Video also added Starz’s fantasy-mythology drama ‘American Gods’.
Apart from ‘Astra Force’, the OTT platform features several home-grown animated series such as SS Rajamouli’s animated series ‘Baahubali: The Lost Legends’, TV episodes of Green Gold Animation, as well as TV movies of ‘Chhota Bheem’, ‘Super Bheem,’ ‘Mighty Raju,’ ‘Krishna Balaram’, ‘Chorr Police’, ‘Luv Kush’, ‘Vikram & Betaal’ and ‘Krishna.