- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Amazon Prime Instant Video to offer MTV’s ‘Teen Wolf’, MGM’s films
MUMBAI: Online retail major Amazon.com has announced a content licensing agreement with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios that will make Prime Instant Video the exclusive online-only subscription home for streaming all past seasons and episodes of the popular MTV series ‘Teen Wolf’.
This news follows the announcement made in October that Amazon and MGM expanded their content licensing agreement, which included making the epic series Vikings available on Prime Instant Video.
The announcement also brings Prime members a number of beloved MGM films, including ‘The Usual Suspects’, ‘Raging Bull’ and ‘Thelma and Louise’, all available for instant streaming on hundreds of compatible devices anytime, anywhere. Additional films such as ‘The Terminator’, ‘The Silence of the Lambs’, ‘Moonstruck’ and ‘A Fish Called Wanda’ will also be available to Prime members later this year as part of the deal.
Amazon.com director of digital video content acquisition Brad Beale said, “ ‘Teen Wolf is a dark, edgy show that really resonates with Amazon customers. We’re thrilled to offer all past seasons exclusively to Prime members so they can catch up or re-watch favorite episodes of the hit series at no additional cost. We’re also excited to add more MGM classic films such as ‘Raging Bull’ and ‘Thelma and Louise’ to Prime Instant Video. We know our customers love these great films.”
MGM president of domestic television distribution John Bryan said, “ ‘Teen Wolf’ is an exciting addition to the library of MGM content available for instant streaming exclusively to Amazon Prime customers. We strive to deliver our most popular TV shows and movies on a variety of platforms so our audiences can access them anywhere, and working with Amazon allows us to do exactly that.”