- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Amazon Prime Instant Video to offer MTV’s ‘Teen Wolf’, MGM’s films
MUMBAI: Online retail major Amazon.com has announced a content licensing agreement with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios that will make Prime Instant Video the exclusive online-only subscription home for streaming all past seasons and episodes of the popular MTV series ‘Teen Wolf’.
This news follows the announcement made in October that Amazon and MGM expanded their content licensing agreement, which included making the epic series Vikings available on Prime Instant Video.
The announcement also brings Prime members a number of beloved MGM films, including ‘The Usual Suspects’, ‘Raging Bull’ and ‘Thelma and Louise’, all available for instant streaming on hundreds of compatible devices anytime, anywhere. Additional films such as ‘The Terminator’, ‘The Silence of the Lambs’, ‘Moonstruck’ and ‘A Fish Called Wanda’ will also be available to Prime members later this year as part of the deal.
Amazon.com director of digital video content acquisition Brad Beale said, “ ‘Teen Wolf is a dark, edgy show that really resonates with Amazon customers. We’re thrilled to offer all past seasons exclusively to Prime members so they can catch up or re-watch favorite episodes of the hit series at no additional cost. We’re also excited to add more MGM classic films such as ‘Raging Bull’ and ‘Thelma and Louise’ to Prime Instant Video. We know our customers love these great films.”
MGM president of domestic television distribution John Bryan said, “ ‘Teen Wolf’ is an exciting addition to the library of MGM content available for instant streaming exclusively to Amazon Prime customers. We strive to deliver our most popular TV shows and movies on a variety of platforms so our audiences can access them anywhere, and working with Amazon allows us to do exactly that.”