- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Amazon boosts original content lineup in the US with Agatha Christie deal
MUMBAI: Amazon has announced its continued growth of international production, adding a series of adaptations from Agatha Christie Ltd to its lineup of dramatic Amazon Original Series in the US.
IMG will handle international sales on behalf of Agatha Christie Ltd. WME and Sky Vision negotiated the deal with Amazon.
The first adaptation of Christie’s classic stories, ‘Ordeal By Innocence’, began production earlier this month in the UK and will feature an ensemble cast, including Bill Nighy, Alice Eve, Ella Purnell, Matthew Goode and Catherine Keener.
In ‘Ordeal By Innocence’, old wounds are reopened for the Argyll family when a man suddenly turns up and claims that the black sheep of the family, Jack Argyll, could not have murdered its tyrannical matriarch—for which he was accused just one year earlier. The family must come to terms with Jack’s innocence and with the fact that one of them may be the real murderer. Amazon’s deal with Agatha Christie Ltd continues its partnership with production company Mammoth Screen and was brokered by WME.
‘Ordeal By Innocence’ reunites Agatha Christie Ltd and Mammoth Screen with writer and executive producer Sarah Phelps, following ‘And Then There Were None’ (BBC One) in December 2015 and ‘The Witness for the Prosecution’ (BBC One) in December 2016. Amazon Prime Video will be the exclusive premium subscription streaming home for these series in the US.
“We are thrilled to bring to our slate these adaptations from the world’s greatest mystery writer. With terrific talent, in front of and behind the camera, they are sure to delight our customers,” said Amazon Studios head of international series Morgan Wandell.
“We are delighted to be working with Amazon in the TV space. They have obviously played a massive part in our book business over the past few years, and it is exciting to move with them onto Prime Video in the US,” said Agatha Christie Ltd chairman, CEO James Prichard.
“The brand of Agatha Christie resonates around the world. We couldn’t be happier to have Amazon as our U.S. home for this franchise. We think the series of specials will attract great auteurs and actors to create compelling content for audiences everywhere,” said WME | IMG partner Chris Rice.