- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Altice, Netflix ink global partnership
MUMBAI: Altice, a convergent company leader in telecom, content and advertising serving more than 50 million customers, has announced a multi-year partnership with Netflix. This will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Altice customers into all eligible devices in France, Portugal, Israel and Dominican Republic.
The launch of the Netflix service on Altice’s platforms will seamlessly bring original Netflix series, movies, documentaries, stand-up comedies and a wide range of kids’ programming to Altice’s customers across the globe.
The agreement with Netflix follows Altice’s significant investment in content and sport through the studio’s original creations, acquisitions of series and movies rights, and local and global distribution partnerships.
France will be the first Altice territory to launch Netflix. Exclusive promotional SFR family offers with Netflix will be available on 13 June.
The rollout will advance to other countries through 2017.