- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
ALTBalaji to offer laughter dose to viewers with stand-up comedy content
MUMBAI: Balaji Telefilms’ OTT arm ALTBalaji is all set to tickle viewers’ funny bones with its curated playlist of stand-up comedy.
ALTBalaji’s stand-up comedy playlist includes celebrated comedians as well as fresh talent alike. These include Kenny Sebastian, Abish Mathew and Atul Khatri. The offline download feature of the app makes the content accessible anytime, anywhere at viewers’ discretion.
According to ALTBalaji, while the web is full of stand-up gigs, they are not available in a streamlined fashion and finding gigs of same theme could be challenging. Comedy is the highest consumed category online and is also the most shared on various social media platforms.
ALTBalaji Comedy playlist is based on topics Indians love to laugh at. A few existing theme-based playlist are ‘Battle of States’, ‘The Punjabis’, ‘Indians and Sex’, ‘Dating and Relationships’. The upcoming playlist include ‘Women on Top’, ‘Gujarati Obsessions’ and ‘Our Middle-Class Habits’.
ALTBalaji CEO Nachiket Pantvaidya said, “We are offering our audience an eclectic mix of stand-up comedy from urban mainstream to regional anecdotes. The mix is distinctive and caters to a larger range of audience rather than a set age group. Watching stand-up comedy has become a way of destressing, making it the most consumed genre online. We are using data analytics to create and curate content based on consumer’s preferences.”
ALTBalaji is currently available in 75 + countries and promises to offer 250+ hours of original, exclusive content to its subscribers. It has watch time of more than 100 million minutes so far.