- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
ALTBalaji selects PayPal as international payments partner
ALTBalaji’s international users across 200 markets will now be able to subscribe to the streaming service conveniently using PayPal’s comprehensive payment platform.
The partnership will enable ALTBalaji to reach out to PayPal’s 203 million active global accounts across 200 markets. Through a combination of strategic partnerships and technological innovations, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
ALT Digital Media Entertainment CEO Nachiket Pantvaidya said, “We are extremely delighted to have partnered PayPal as our international payments partner. With a vision to redefine entertainment for Indians globally, our association with PayPal will help us streamline the process of subscribing to the ALTBalaji service using one of the most popular payment service globally.”
PayPal head of channel partners Ashish Tandon said, “Technology has democratised access to products and services. Global consumers have been traditionally using PayPal to make payments that help them access Indian entertainment content. As per the recently launched PayPal Cross Border Consumer Research 2016, online spends for entertainment as a category is projected to witness the highest growth among all other purchase categories in India. We have already observed this trend globally and look forward to leveraging our global network for ALTBalaji.”
ALTBalaji was launched on 16 April with five original shows and will add new shows every fortnight for its viewers to binge-watch. The content is created by some of the best talents of the Indian entertainment industry, including critically acclaimed directors and actors. The long illustrious list of artists comprises Nagesh Kukunoor, Juhi Chawla, Nimrat Kaur, Rajkumar Rao, Hansal Mehta, Sakshi Tanwar, Ram Kapoor, Atul Kulkarni, Sameer Soni, Yudhishtar Urs and Dipannita Sharma Atwal.