- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
ALTBalaji selects PayPal as international payments partner
ALTBalaji’s international users across 200 markets will now be able to subscribe to the streaming service conveniently using PayPal’s comprehensive payment platform.
The partnership will enable ALTBalaji to reach out to PayPal’s 203 million active global accounts across 200 markets. Through a combination of strategic partnerships and technological innovations, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
ALT Digital Media Entertainment CEO Nachiket Pantvaidya said, “We are extremely delighted to have partnered PayPal as our international payments partner. With a vision to redefine entertainment for Indians globally, our association with PayPal will help us streamline the process of subscribing to the ALTBalaji service using one of the most popular payment service globally.”
PayPal head of channel partners Ashish Tandon said, “Technology has democratised access to products and services. Global consumers have been traditionally using PayPal to make payments that help them access Indian entertainment content. As per the recently launched PayPal Cross Border Consumer Research 2016, online spends for entertainment as a category is projected to witness the highest growth among all other purchase categories in India. We have already observed this trend globally and look forward to leveraging our global network for ALTBalaji.”
ALTBalaji was launched on 16 April with five original shows and will add new shows every fortnight for its viewers to binge-watch. The content is created by some of the best talents of the Indian entertainment industry, including critically acclaimed directors and actors. The long illustrious list of artists comprises Nagesh Kukunoor, Juhi Chawla, Nimrat Kaur, Rajkumar Rao, Hansal Mehta, Sakshi Tanwar, Ram Kapoor, Atul Kulkarni, Sameer Soni, Yudhishtar Urs and Dipannita Sharma Atwal.