- 11 CRPF Personnel Die In Encounter With Maoists In Chhattisgarh's Sukma
- Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Army canteens suspend sale
- Underworld don Chhota Rajan held guilty in fake passport case
- J&K: PDP leader Abdul Gani Dar shot dead in Pulwama
- SC orders reinstatement of TP Senkumar as Kerala DGP
- PM Modi Bats For Advancing Fiscal Year To Speed Up Development
- US accuses Infosys and TCS of cheating in H-1B lottery to unfairly corner lion's share of visas
- Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami raises NEET, Cauvery issues at NITI Aayog meeting
- Tamil Nadu FM offers to quit as AIADMK groups begin merger talks
ALTBalaji offers its subscribers additional method of payment via PayU India
MUMBAI: Balaji Telefilms’ digital platform ALTBalaji has partnered with PayU India, opening an additional method of payment for its subscription services.
Through this partnership the OTT entertainment platform will offers its subscribers in India and abroad an option to pay through PayU.
PayU India offers payment options such as credit card, debit card, net banking, Itz Cash, Yes Pay, Ypay, PayU Money wallet and UPI.
Said ALT Digital Media CEO Nachiket Pantvaidya, “Our vision of providing a seamless experience to our subscribers is fulfilled by the ease with which PayU enables payments in Indian and abroad. By enabling UPI based payments we hope to pioneer digitally payments for entertainment a reality on our platform and reiterate our commitment towards digital India. We hope to leverage the wide variety of payment options that PayU brings to ALT Balaji.”
PayU has presence in 16 high growth markets in Asia, central and eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa with an active user base of 30 million and processing 150 million transactions in 2016 worth a combined and 4.2 billion.
PayU India head SMB business Pradeep Shekhawat, “We are delighted to partner with ALTBalaji and excited to extend our services to our users in India as well as abroad. The association will move us forward in our endeavour to double our digital transactions by year end, which currently stands at around Rs 6,000 crore per month. Using our secured payment gateway, consumers pay through credit card, debit card, net banking, Itz Cash, Yes Pay, Ypay, PayU Money wallet and UPI, and enjoy ALT Balaji’s subscribership.”
In order to create hassle free subscription transactions, the OTT platform has also partnered with other payment services such as Airtel Payments Bank, Mobikwik and Fortumo.
ALTBalaji, which was launched on 16 April with 5 original shows, claims to offer 250 hours of original content to its subscribers in India and abroad. The platform will add new shows every fortnight for its viewers to binge watch. The content is created by artists comprising Nagesh Kukunoor, Juhi Chawla, Nimrat Kaur, Rajkumar Rao, Hansal Mehta, Sakshi Tanwar, Ram Kapoor, Atul Kulkarni, Sameer Soni, Yudhishtar Urs, Dipannita Sharma Atwal, and more.