- MIB integrates three media units under newly created BOC
- Republic TV, BTVI in strategic content alliance for Union Budget 2018
- Oyeeee Media gets board approval to partner Balaji, Essel Vision
- TV Today invests Rs 28.6 crore in Mail Today
- Prime Focus to raise Rs 330 cr via preferential warrants to cut debt
- Sony acquires India broadcast rights of T10 Cricket League
ALT Balaji launches global OTT platform with tech partners Diagnal and Xstream
MUMBAI: ALT Balaji, the digital platform from Balalji Telefilms Ltd, marks its entry into the world of global OTT entertainment space.
Launched with the aim to reach out to individual audiences directly, ALT Balaji provides differentiated content with original shows spanning some 300 hours in the first year itself. This subscription-based platform will be commercially available from mid-April 2017.
ALT Balaji is developed, designed, and integrated by OTT specialists – Diagnal; the platform is powered by Xstream’s cloud based video management system, Xstream MediaMaker™. The multiscreen platform is available on iOS, Android, Windows, Roku, AppleTV, and many more operating systems.
ALT Balaji is created to provide an alternative to mainstream Indian entertainment and TV content. Offering shows featuring popular artists, acclaimed writers and award winning directors, the platform aims to fill in the existing void in the entertainment space and provide an alternative to regular television-base
ALT Balaji allows users to watch select content and previews without requiring an active subscription. Content accessibility provides users with the opportunity to explore service features before choosing a subscription package that suits their content needs and budget. Premium subscribers to the service will have full-access to content and features like parental control and download to watch offline.
Said ALT Digital Media Entertainment CEO Nachiket Pantvaidya, “We are glad to be among the first ones to be part of a game changing move into the global entertainment space starting with second biggest but fastest growing mobile market – India. Consumers across the world are evolving aided by growing mobile reach; their requirements are becoming niche, rather than one formula fits all and this is where ALT Balaji belongs. We are excited to be associated with Diagnal and Xstream to bring in the best of technology and scalability together. ALT Balaji will offer extensive range of languages and genres to all age group and regions, both in India and abroad.”
ALT Balaji is fully cloud based, using Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
ALT Balaji’s highlights include:
- A subscription based Video-on-Demand service with original and exclusive premium content at competitive prices to customers
- Pre-subscription access to selective content and previews
- Service across multiply connected devices with a seamless cross device user experience
- Parental control allowing kids to watch kids content while preventing them full access to all content
- Full scale analytics backbone with an inference engine and knowledge data store