- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Airtel’s Wynk Music crosses 25 mn downloads
MUMBAI: Wynk Music, the carrier-agnostic music app from Airtel, has crossed 25 million downloads since its launch in September 2015.
This, Airtel claimed, makes Wynk Music the most downloaded music app in India on Google Play Store since December 2015.
The app currently plays over 15 million songs per day to customers. The company said that 60% of Wynk Music installs by non-Airtel customers. Users spend an average of over five hours per month on Wynk Music.
Wynk CEO Kartik Sheth said, “We are thrilled to see such love from our users, and this will add to our motivation to keep delighting our users with a great in-app experience through constant innovation. The combination of growing smartphone penetration and proliferation of mobile internet in the country has given a significant push to the uptake music streaming, particularly among younger audiences who look for quality content on the go. Given the importance of music our lives, we believe we have only scratched the surface as far as potential of music streaming goes.”
The app’s content kitty boasts music from over 500 labels and offers curation across 12 regional languages. Apart from offering a completely ad-free experience to users, Wynk Music also has streaming partnership rights with nearly all content providers and labels in the industry.
Recently, Wynk music launched its mobile site wynk.in/music for users to stream music from any browser on their mobile devices.
The telco has also introduced a Data Save Mode with 2G optimisations that helps stream Wynk music seamlessly on a 2G network and lets users save up to 70% of data.
Introduced earlier this year as a feature, the app now provides a local MP3 player. This feature has been specially designed keeping in mind the Indian market.