- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Airtel launches new pre-paid plan offering 70GB for Rs 399
MUMBAI: Pressured by Reliance Jio’s aggressive pricing strategy, Bharti Airtel has launched a new pre-paid plan to customers offering 70 gigabyte (GB) plus unlimited local and subscriber trunk dialling (STD) calls for Rs 399.
The plan is available in prices like Rs 399, Rs 345 and Rs 244. The Rs 399 plan offers users 1 GB data per day only if they have a 4G smartphone and SIM card. The free calls incentive comes with a 3,000-minute cap for a 70-day period.
When the minutes gets exhausted, users will be charged Rs 0.10 per minute. For Airtel-Airtel calls, the limit is 300 minutes per day, but 1,200 minutes is the maximum consumption per week.
Earlier, Airtel’s Rs 345 plan offered 1 GB data per day. Now Airtel is offering 2 GB data for the same amount. Similar to the Rs 399 plan, users get the same free calls benefit with a cap. Earlier, users were restricted to 500 megabyte (MB) from 12 am-6 pm. The other 500 MB was available for rest of the day. The offer now holds no such limitation.
The plan under Rs 244 is meant for a 4G smartphone user and subscriber identity module (SIM) card. The user can get 1 GB data per day for 70 days under fair usage policy. Although the offer claims to provide unlimited free STD and local calls, uers get 1,200 minutes on calls made to other networks and 300 minutes of free call between Airtel to Airtel. Upon full consumption of the free minutes, users will be charged Rs 0.10 per minute.
The changes will be effective after 15 April as the new recharges plan is still under processing. If one recharges prior to that, it will get activated after Saturday. The deadline for the new Airtel plan is only available for eligible customers by June-end. The customers have to login to Airtel’s official website or MyAirtel app to confirm their eligibility.