- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Airtel Digital TV launches ‘Pocket TV’ at Rs 60 per month
MUMBAI: Airtel Digital TV, the DTH arm of Bharti Airtel, has launched Airtel ‘Pocket TV’ – a mobile app which will enable customers to watch their favourite TV programmes while on the move.
The Airtel Digital TV app is available for download on the Android play store and is accessible to all smartphones and tablets with Android version 2.1 onwards.
Within one month, the app will also be available on the iOS platform. This will be followed by other platforms, the DTH operator said.
After installation of the app, customers have to activate the service by sending the SMS <ADD TV> to 54325 from their registered mobile number.
The app is a convergence of the TV and mobile phone. Its launch follows the success of Airtel Digital TV’s innovative offering of Twitter on TV, which was the first ever global convergence of Twitter and TV.
Last year, Dish TV and Tata Sky had launched mobile apps targeted at smarphone users. Tata Sky app is priced at Rs 60 per month while DishOnline has two packs – the Jumbo Pack at Rs 129 and the Starter pack at Rs 49.
The increase adoption of smartphone and the resultant change in the consumption pattern has compelled the DTH operators to offer anywhere TV services to their existing customers.