- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
ABC launches digital news channel for Apple TV
MUMBAI: ABC News has launched a new digital news channel on Apple TV, which will make on-demand content available to consumers.
The channel will feature local content and live video along with archived ABC footage. The deal marks another step forward in the growing content relationship between Apple and Disney.
The channel is mainly a dedicated video app for the Apple TV streaming media hub, effectively creating a 24-hour video news channel for the device, which hooks up to TV sets and provides access to iTunes, Netflix and other video services.
Besides a 24-hour live video feed filled with roughly eight hours of live video, the channel will also have segments pulled from ABC News’ TV shows and original segments shot for the service or ABC digital platforms.
The app will be continuously updated with segments from ABC News programming and live video feeds from events like speeches or a shot of our planet from the International Space Station.
There is also a local tab that will be populated with content from ABC’s owned and operated stations as well as affiliates. At launch, nine stations are functional in most of the top markets.
The ABC News app will not require authentication and will be free for users. The separate, pre-existing Watch ABC app, which has full episodes of ABC News and ABC entertainment shows, however, will require authentication.
Along with the added ABC News channel, Apple TV also added new channels for AOL, PBS Kids and a channel dedicated to cricket called Willow.