- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
765 mn households worldwide will subscribe to a broadband service by the end of 2015
MUMBAI: By the end of 2015, approximately 765 million households representing 38 per cent of the global households will be connected via a broadband service, says a research report by Parks Associates.
The international market research firm also reports that the Asia-Pacific region holds the largest percentage of worldwide broadband households primarily due to the volume in China and Japan, the world’s first and third largest broadband markets.
Incidentally, this region is the fastest growing by volume and has added 30 million new broadband households from 2013 to 2014.