- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
21st Century Fox appoints Paul Cheesbrough as CTO
MUMBAI: 21st Century Fox has appointed Paul Cheesbrough to the role of CTO.
In this new role, Cheesbrough will lead company-wide information technology strategy and play a leadership role in driving its investments in technology, platforms and systems on a global basis. He joins 21CF from News Corp, where he also has served as CTO.
Cheesbrough will report to 21st Century executive chairman Lachlan Murdoch and CEO James Murdoch, who commented: “Paul is an outstanding executive and strategist whose great operational chops and track record in technology we know very well. Our business demands continuous innovation across everything we do. We can’t think of anyone more qualified than Paul to ensure it extends equally to how we harness technology to empower our people and businesses.”
Reporting to Cheesbrough in his new role will be the enterprise technology leaders from Fox Networks Group, Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox News Channel.
Since 2012 Cheesbrough has served as CTO for News Corp. In this role he led the company’s technology teams and drove digital transformation across its businesses, focusing on new platforms, digital investments and acquisitions.
Prior to that, he held executive technology leadership positions at News Corp’s UK business News UK, Telegraph Media Group, the BBC and IBM. He also serves as the chairman of Unruly Media.