- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
2017 was among the best years for independent content creators on video streaming platform YouTube with 80 of them crossing 1 million subscriber mark in 2017.
In his note to IBF, Jawahar Goel has emphasized on broadcasters providing pay channel content to Freedish and content to OTT platforms at cheaper rates, which is negatively impacting DPOs such as DTH.
Eros Now expects to double its paying subs base; eyes revenue of $40 mn in FY18 and $100 mn in FY19.
Amagi has added Colors Kannada and Colors Marathi to its expanding bouquet of channels offering geo-targeted advertising solutions.
Reliance Jio Media has selected TiVo’s CubiTV to power its advanced HD and 4K set-top box platforms.
The nascent OTT video market in India is growing as smartphone penetration and 3G and 4G subs continue to increase rapidly.
It is not just the TV telecast rights for the IPL that will see frenzy bids, led by Sony and Star India. The digital rights for the cash-rich T20 league will also touch a new roof with new players joining the bidding race.
Goldman Sachs has returned to invest more in DEN three years after it had bought shares at Rs 217.50 apiece. Why is DEN raising fresh capital? There is a mood of optimism in the DEN camp after SN Sharma took charge as CEO this July. In his 2nd innings at DEN, Sharma’s main mantra is monetisation.
DEN Networks has signed net of carriage content deals with two leading broadcasters. This signals a departure from its earlier strategy of inking content and carriage contracts separately. Coupled with fixed-fee deals, the new policy may result in lowering of net content cost if the deployment of STBs exceeds the estimates made to broadcasters.