- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
The viewership of top 5 English and Hindi news channels has seen a dip in week 41 of BARC ratings.
ABP News replaced Zee News as the No. 2 channel in urban HSM, according to BARC data for the week ended 1 September.
After narrowing the gap in Week 29, Republic TV and Times Now were almost neck and neck at 1,074 and 1,072 impressions respectively in Week 30.
Republic TV, which maintained its lead in Week 29, saw a miniscule drop of 0.21% in viewership. Times Now saw its viewership grow by 11.73% to 1.25 mn weekly impressions. This helped the channel move closer to Republic TV on the chart.
Arch rivals Republic TV and Times Now both saw their viewership grow significantly in Week 28.
Zee News beat Aaj Tak to become the No. 1 Hindi news channel in urban Hindi-speaking market (HSM), as per BARC India data for the week ended 7 July.
Republic TV was the No. 1 channel followed by Times Now. NDTV 24×7 was at No. 5.
Republic TV retained its English news channel leadership for the seventh consecutive week, albeit with a 9.86% drop in impressions compared to the previous week.
Although Republic TV continued to occupy the numero uno position, its nearest competitor Times Now narrowed the gap in Week 24. The difference between the two channels was a mere 28,000 impressions.