- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) CMD Mukesh Ambani, who also owns Network18 Group, has said that the next decade will be a golden period for the entertainment industry.
Viacom president and CEO Bob Bakish has noted that the international business has an important role to play in the company’s growth and has specifically lauded the India business, which he said is doing more than $500 million in revenue.
Viacom has entered into a multi-year content partnership with Hollywood writer, director, producer, actor and playwright Tyler Perry, encompassing television, film and short-form video.
Anil Ambani’s on-demand movie platform BigFlix has re-launched in a multilingual avatar featuring nine Indian languages. It will also be launched in international markets.
Viacom has appointed Jim Gianopulos as Paramount Pictures chairman, CEO effective 3 April.
Viacom president, CEO Bob Bakish, Disney Intl chairman Andy Bird, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos, IndiaCast group CEO Anuj Gandhi and ZEEL CEO – International Broadcast Business Amit Goenka are among the speakers of the Asia Pacific Operators Summit organised by Media Partners Asia.
US and global media conglomerate Viacom has appointed Sarah Levy as chief operating officer of its Global Entertainment Group, effective immediately.
The nascent OTT video market in India is growing as smartphone penetration and 3G and 4G subs continue to increase rapidly.
Viacom CEO Dauman is the third highest paid CEO in the US and among the worst as measured by pay for performance. Including his pre‐negotiated ‘golden parachute,’ he stands to receive almost a half billion dollars for a tenure that has seen the marked decline of one of the nation’s greatest media companies,” the investment vehicle for the Redstone family said.